Leading safety tips for new homeowners in Provo
If you just bought your first home or you’re preparing to, congratulations! It’s an exciting time for your family. You’re likely thinking about the many ways you should individualize your property with paint, furnishings, and decor. But, before you get too far, be sure you give thought to home security too. Keeping those you care about safeguarded should always be a primary emphasis, and we’ll help you do so with these safety tips for new homeowners in Provo.
Complete a safety audit of your new Provo property
Now that safety is top of mind, see what your new home has in terms of protection. To begin, ensure you have functioning smoke alarms. Try each one and replace batteries if required. Do you have carbon monoxide detectors? Is there a water sensor in your basement? This is also a perfect time to upgrade door locks and investigate all window locks. Go through every space and scope out your new home.
Smart security tips for your Provo home
Once you’ve completed your initial investigation of locks and safety alarms, you can consider elevating your protection. To get started, consider these security tips for your home in Provo.
- Invest in a modern home security system. One of the best tools for new homeowners in Provo is a home security system. Today’s wireless technology allows you to keep tabs on your residence even when you’re not there. You may scan real-time video feeds, operate locking systems, and even communicate with guests on your front steps right from your mobile device. You may customize with incredible security implements such as video surveillance and monitored fire alarms.
- Update outdoor lighting. Outdoor lights with motion sensors are an effective way to turn away potential invaders. You can even incorporate them with outdoor cameras. The triggering of a motion sensor can instruct your outdoor camera to start recording.
- Keep your property neat. Do you have a clear view of your property from inside? Are there oversized trees and bushes obstructing your view? Eliminate possible spots to hide by keeping your yard neat and tidy. Your neighbors will be appreciative of it as well.
- Make friends with others on your street. Speaking of your neighbors, get to know them. If you know people nearby, there’s a greater chance they’ll let you know if they discern suspicious behavior. You can also get involved in your community’s social media presence if one is available.
- Benefit from home automation. If you opt for an innovative smart home, you can make it look like you’re home by activating smart light bulbs at scheduled moments. This is a great tool when you’re not there.