Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Provo smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your security system as it connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a single united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in complete charge of your Provo home’s security and automation. Learn more about what it can do and find recommendations to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Provo do for you?
Wirelessly linking to devices via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you can even chat with whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and cellular functionality for added reliability. It also offers complete remote operability with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review current or saved video streams from your integrated security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Provo by programming schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock whenever the smoke detector triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just abide by these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present in your house and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be away, and each sensor in the home will activate.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll see a notification if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open door will cue you to act. Note that you are still able to arm your home’s security by adhering to the steps above. You will then confirm you want to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Provo
Despite the fact that multiple users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will likely want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are steps to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the user’s name, and press the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote access, tap phone or email and enter the details to send an invitation.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, go to the menu, press users, choose the user you wish to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Provo security system. Dial (385) 455-7233 to learn more.